Refer to the Refrigerant handling licence Information brochure to find the Licence Code and approved qualifications required for the licence you are applying for.
Trainee Licence Applications
Trainee Licence Applications must be accompanied by the following:
- Certified passport size photograph
- Certified proof of enrolment (e.g. copy of contract of training or letter of enrolment)
- Name and Refrigerant Handling Licence (RHL) number of a nominated supervisor - this person must be qualified and working in the same field as the applicant.
Guidelines for Certification of Documents
To support your application, you will need to provide certified copies of all the documents requested.
Please do not send the originals of these documents, or photocopies of certified copies (scanned copies included).
In order for documents to meet certification requirements, a copy has to be clearly authorised as a true copy of the original by an appropriate person. Each copy of the document must be certified separately and must show clearly:
- the words "certified true copy of the original"
- the signature of the certifying officer; and
- the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer, legibly printed below the signature. It must be possible, from the details provided, to contact the certifying officer if necessary.
Other State/Territory Licenses and Regulations
In addition to the National licence issued by ARC and depending on which state or territory you live in, you may require a state level contractors licence or similar to operate your business. You should also become aware of any other state / territory regulations that may impact on your activities.