Refrigerant Industry Training

Do you need industry training?

TAFEs and registered training organisations (RTOs) play an important role in shaping new refrigeration and air conditioning professionals through the quality of the training they provide.

Many of the licences provided by the ARC require National Quality Council-endorsed qualifications provided through RTOs. Click here to see which qualifications are required for each licence type.

A refrigeration and air conditioning (RAC) trainee licence is required for a person who is handling refrigerant while undertaking training and/or assessment leading to a qualification in refrigeration and/or air conditioning.

Two trainee licence types are available through the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC):

  • Trainee – for handling of refrigerant in classroom and workplace
  • Trainee classroom – for handling of refrigerant in classroom only

Recognition of Prior Learning and Recognition of Current Competency towards approved qualifications relative to the refrigerant handling licence you require may also be provided by some RTOs.


Find a Training Provider


Refrigerant Training Fact Sheets


Frequently Asked Questions

View FAQs



contact us

  • 1300 88 44 83
  • 1300 55 40 23
  • Mail:
    Locked Bag 3033
    Box Hill VIC 3128